Teacher Training Institute in Kolkata
In the context of rapid socio economic, the present education system is not adequate to meet the growing demands of the
changing economy. It is therefore felt that there is much need for growing children to have better systematic education
by properly trained Montessori trained teachers. After School, Teacher Training institute under All India Early Childhood
Care and Education nurtures positive attitude towards noble teaching work. It encouraged young aspirants to build
competence, required for getting Montessori teachers jobs in Kolkata, West Bengal , India and overseas.
THE BASIC TEACHER TRAINING COURSE COVERS FOLLOWING ATTRIBUTES:
- 1. Enhancing individual employability in a teaching professional.
- 2. To reduce mis-match between the demand and supply of skilled man power.
- 3. The Teacher Training covers detailed Montessori Training Course syllabus inspired by Maria Montessori.
- 4. Live Teacher's Training in the pre-school to give exposure working in real life school environment with children.
This helps the students to get job placements as soon as they complete the Nursery Teachers Training in the institute.
- 5. The project work exposes students to art and craft which is a very important part of Teachers Training Course syllabus.
ALL INDIA EARLY CHILDHOOD CARE AND EDUCATION
All India Early Childhood Care and Education, an Educational Organisation, started Montessorie Teacher Training Course all over India,
with the help and co-operation of educational experts with a view to train young girls and house wives so that they may impart education,
based on modern lines to pre-school children, with a stress on moral, intellectual, physical & social personality, as it was found, that there
was no training for teachers in India for pre-school going children.
The organisation takes guidance from NCERT, New Delhi & Social Welfare Board (Govt.
Of India). Therefore, it is in line with research work at N.C.E.R.T. These two are
the only genuine bodies for guidance and affiliation. At present various Study Centre
are running in different State of India under the able guidance of N.C.E.R.T. Educational
experts. As a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO), AIECCE is trying to make successful
the vocational training programme of Social Welfare Board, Govt. of India, by imparting
Montessorie Teacher Training to unemployed educated women.
A PEN FROM SECRETARY
Teacher's Vocational Training is held, as per guidance of N.C.E.R.T., New Delhi,
so that the students, when trained, get better jobs. Our project also aims to give
elementary education to every mother & sister all over India, in order to train
them how to trear children Psychologically and how to inspire & motivate them so
that they may develop interest in academic field, there by improving their potential
for all round development of their personality.
The institute imparts training to selected pupil teachers, whom it finds devoted
and sincere to the cause of education. It is a pleasure that various Convent, Nursery
and Public Schools demand for our trainee students in advance; and our students
have been appointed in various schools on good salary, It is because, our object
is to make students expert in child education/pre-primary school level & help unemployed
educated girls in becoming self dependent/reputed teachers in Nursery, Convent &
In nut shell, we can say that we try make our students as perfect teachers to guide
pre school children and prepare women to treat them psychologically.
INDIRA GANDHI SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
We take pleasure to introduce ourselves as one of the poineer organization for imparting N.T.T. to women in various
states for nearly a decade. Thousands of Students are being trained through practical & Theoretical knowledge, every
year, out of which about 80% of the students have already got the job in Nursery schools or in Central School for
teaching. In these modern times, women have got in important and significant role in nation building. Keeping this
factor in view, we are making all our efforts to make women independent, which is also a basic need of the day.
Indira Gandhi School of Education is the first ISO 9001:2008 Certified organization to introduce the Nursery Teachers
Training, among all the system available in the Country. The Society has developed its teacher's training programme for
national application for the progress of the women and children.
All India Early Childhood Care and Education is one of the most progressive educational
organisation in India. The institute, with its various study centers all over India,
caters to the educational needs of students from all over the states.
The salient features of the institution can be summarised in the following points
- The Society firmly believes in child-centered education and attempts to offer unique
opportunity for the optimum development of children through the Nursery Teachers
Training method, in order to ensure that every child gets proper & well systematic
education through trained teachers.
- A close link /contact is maintained with the students to ensure their whole hearted
involvement in the training to get better & prosperous results.
- Effective emphasis is laid on the inculcation of eternal,& moral values which are
so profoundly enshrined in our rich culture and heritage.
- The teachers and the employees of the Nursery Teachers Training programmes are well
qualified and experienced in their fields.
- The Society collaborates and promotes communication with other organizations connected
directly with early childhood education training programme and other educational
- Montessorie Teacher Training is affiliated to All India Early Childhood Care and Education,
New Delhi. In turn, A.I.E.C.C.E is registered with Govt. of N.C.T New Delhi under
- The Nursery Teachers training is applicable for English Medium, Pre-primary Private/Public
Schools in India & abroad etc.
The N.T.T. method of teaching aims are the complete development of the child, ultimately
preparing the teacher for life’s various experiences. Children pass through sensitive
period of development early in life. Doctors described the child mind between the
time of birth and six years of age as the absorbent mind. It is during this stage
that a child has a tremendous ability to learn and assimilate from the world around
him, without conscious efforts . During this time, children are particularly receptive
to certain external stimuli, N.T.T. teacher recognizes and take advantage of these
highly perceptive stages though the introduction of materials and activities which
are specially designed to stimulate the intellect. Encouraged to focus attention
on one particular quality, the child works at her own optimum level in an environment.
where beauty and orderliness are emphasized and appreciated. A spontaneous love
of work is revealed as the child is given the freedom (writhing Boundaries) to make
her own choices.
The aims of Montessorie Teacher Training Programme is to prepare teachers for pre-primary
schools, so that they are able to :-
- Develop an understanding of principles and processes of various aspects of child’s
growth and plan educational activities accordingly.
- Acquaint themselves with basic principles of early childhood care and education
keeping in view the goals.
- Familiarize with methods, equipments and material of early childhood care and education
with their effective use.
- Understand importance of health, nutrition and welfare services for the child and
the ability to nurture healthy habits, prepare nutritive and inexpensive meals and
render first aid in case of minor injuries/accidents.
- Be aware about role of parents and community in education of pre-school and early
primary school children.
- Develop an understanding of the various tools and techniques of child study.
- To develop the necessary ability and attitude toward acquire not only knowledge
but also the basic skills of the profession.
- To enable the trainee to access and understand relevant information critically examine
it and be able to apply meaningfully in day to day job situation.
- Be able to willingly act appreciate tolerate difference among people, Lifestyle
and adjust to them and learn from them for enabling the trainee to live, work and
grow as a member of group/team/community.
- To supplement the demand of ever expanding job market.
The programme can be introduced in the following steps:
- (A) Planning of the programme
- (B) Implementation
- (C) Supervision of the programme
- (D) Monitoring
- (E) Corrective action
A well planned Educational Programme is needed for the service of community. Therefore
planning must have following criteria :
- (i) It must be meaningful.
- (ii) It must have useful contents.
- (iii) It should be easy, economic, acceptable and implementable.
- (iv) It must be beneficial to masses, in the form from relief from sufferings.
- (v) It must be employment oriented.
- (vi) The plan must be flexible, having provisions for changes with the time.
Once the programme has been planned properly, the next step is its effective implementation.
NTT which is a nation wide educational Programme, can be implemented by privatisation.
This is aother way for implementing educational programme in any country. There
are many private institutions for teacher training in India whose performance are
better than the goverment institutions and the Goverment admits these facts in India,
the National Council of Teachers Education, New Delhi, is also making their mind
to develop such programmes privately due to the following reasons:
a. Lack of funds with the government.
b. Presence of union/politics in the institutions leading to less constructive and
more destructive activities.
c. Lack of confidence in the government programme by the people.
d. Creating indisciplines and other social stigmas.
FEATURES OF PRIVATISATION
The Following are the main features of privatisation:
(i) The Society should be registered by the government.
(ii) The total management and development of such programme should be done by the
(iii) Without depending upon grant/aid each institution will develop its own source
of income (Through Fee, Gifts, Charity etc.) for smooth functioning
Supervision is the most important step, for proper success of the program. The result
of efforts is assessed, and if there is any lacking at any level, it can be deleted
or addded in the interest of programme to get more and more better results. The
activities of Nursery Teachers Training Programme (N.T.T.P.) can be supervised at
the three levels.
(1) At Higher Level
(2) At Lower Level
(3) Asministrative Level
Any step found unsuitable or unfavorable should be rejected, and necessary suitable
and favourable step should be added through proper channels. Any suggestion in the
interest & improvement of Nursery Teachers Training all over India, is always welcome.
TYPES OF CORRECTIVE ACTIONS
The corrective actions are of two types :
Immediate Corrective Action is taken on the spot by supervising authority under
intimation to the society. Deferred Corrective Action is taken after proper monitoring
and discussion at higher level. It may take time to come at implementation level,
but should be within four weeks of supervision.